Mimi in Maine's Note:
My kids have always wanted these at a cookout. They are the regular-size hot Italian sausage, split before cooking, with peppers and onions on top in a homemade burger roll. Easy and so delicious. You put two sausages on a roll and then the topping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and put in the pepper and onions; cook slowly till just about done or whatever doneness you perfer them; put aside.
- 2Split the sausage down the center lengthwise and put on a platter.
- 3Microwave them till about three-quarters done.
- 4Then put them on the grill, open side down and grill; turn them over and finish grilling till done.
- 5Put sausage in a homemade bun and top with the onions and peppers.
- 6If you like pickled hot pepper, put these on, too; the kind that come whole in a jar.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Hot Italian Sausage Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.4
- Calories from Fat 639
- Total Fat 71.0 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 1657.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 33.7 g