Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa Parties. Serve with mango salsa. See my posted menu Ina Garten Outdoor Grill. Prep time does not choose marinating times as there are options.
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and tails left on
- Combine garlic, onion, parsley, basil, mustards, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Add the shrimp and allow them to marinate for 1 hr at room temperature or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals, and brush the grilling rack with oil to prevent sticking. Skewer the shrimp. Ina uses 5-6 chrim on a 12-inch skewer for a dinner serving. Grill the shrim for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Serve with Mango Salsa.
- You can also broil the shrimp 3 inches from the flame and 2 minutes per side.