Recipe by Mommy Diva
Another Bobby Flay recipe - a nice,flavorful side for the BBQ!!! ***recipe assumes two ears per person - so bring 'em hungry!!
Top Review by Kim127
Wow! What a way to eat corn on the cob!! The garlic and chives really compliment the corn and the jalapeno (used instead of habanero) gave just a little heat without overpowering. Fabulous recipe!! I couldn't find Cotija cheese so I used Manchengo instead. Made for Las Mistico Magicos Sirenas - ZWT5.
- 8 ears corn
- 4 limes, fresh quartered
- garlic butter, recipe follows
- 1⁄2 cup Cotija cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped for garnish
- 1 cup unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 habanero pepper, seeded
- 1⁄4 bunch fresh chives
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Peel back the husks of the corn without removing them.
- Remove the silks and recover the corn with the husk.
- Soak in large bowl of cold water for 30 minutes.
- Remove corn from water and shake off excess.
- Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Unwrap corn and brush with the garlic butter.
- Sprinkle with the cotija cheese and squeeze with lime.
- Sprinkle with chopped chives, to garnish.
- For Garlic Butter: Combine butter, garlic, habanero, and chives in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper; Set aside until ready to use.