Grilled Eggplant and Feta Cheese Salad (Bobby Flay)
- Ready In:
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus extra for brushing the eggplant
- kosher salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high.
- Brush the eggplant with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill until soft, with visible grill marks, about 4 minutes on each side. Cut into 4 inch cubes.
- Whisk together the remaining 1/4 cup of olive oil, garlic, chile powder, oregano, and vinegar in a large bowl until combined. Add the eggplant and red onion, toss to coat with dressing, season with salt and pepper, and crumble feta cheese over the top.
Join The Conversation
I love this salad! The flavors meld wonderfully and it makes such a lovely presentation! DH suggested we grill up some chicken breast, sprinkled with Greek seasoning, and serve thinly sliced over the salad. Yum! I know this will be on our lunch and dinner table on a regular basis. Made for FF&F Best of 2014.