Christmas Jam (Pectin Version)
posted by request - I haven't tried this one yet. Adapted from Taste of Home magazine. NOTE: This recipe assumes knowledge of proper hot water bath canning techniques. Makes approximately 14 half pints.
- Ready In:
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen strawberries or 2 1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 lb cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 5 lbs granulated sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes liquid fruit pectin
- Using a food processor, grind up the berries until smooth.
- Place in a large stockpot with sugar and pectin and stir to coat.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil and keep it boiling for 1 minute (use a timer) stirring the entire time.
- Remove from heat immediately and let cool 5 minutes (use the timer again).
- Skim off any foam that has risen to the top.
- Pour into clean, hot, sterilized canning jars, leaving 1/4" space at the top of each jar.
- Put on caps and process 15 minutes in a hot water canning bath.
- Remove from canning bath with sterile canning tongs and let cool upside down overnight, making sure each jar has properly sealed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I can't believe I forgot to review this recipe. I've made it 3 times which is a lot of jam. This recipe makes a lot of great Christmas gifts. We also like to stir it into homemade yogurt. It is a definite keeper. This is a great recipe for somebody new to canning. One of the things I like about it best is it can be made from frozen fruit making it a perfect recipe for any time of year.