Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- salt and pepper
chorizo stuffed olives
- 16 jumbo california ripe olives
- 1⁄2 link spanish chorizo, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 16 small fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped escarole or 2 cups curly endive lettuce
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, strips
- To prepare vinaigrette, heat a small amount of the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Add shallot and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add juices and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Let cool, then place in a blender.
- With blender running, drizzle in remaining oil slowly to emulsify.
- Chill until ready to use.
- To prepare olives, carefully stuff with chorizo.
- Dip each olive in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Fry in 325°F oil for a few minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and drain.
- To prepare salad, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While chicken cools, season potatoes with salt and cook in hot oil until tender.
- Place equal amounts of potatoes onto 4 serving plates.
- Toss greens with chicken, peppers and enough vinaigrette to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and place on top of potatoes.
- Garnish each plate with 4 warm olives.