1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Salad With Chorizo-Stuffed Olives in Citrus Vina
Developed by California Grown. See more recipes at http://californiagrown.org/cookbook/index.asp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- salt and pepper
chorizo stuffed olives
- 16 jumbo california ripe olives
- 1/2 link spanish chorizo, finely minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 16 small fingerling potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped escarole or 2 cups curly endive lettuce
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper, strips
- 1To prepare vinaigrette, heat a small amount of the olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Add shallot and cook for 5 minutes to soften.
- 3Add juices and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat slightly and cook until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup. Let cool, then place in a blender.
- 5With blender running, drizzle in remaining oil slowly to emulsify.
- 6Chill until ready to use.
- 7To prepare olives, carefully stuff with chorizo.
- 8Dip each olive in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- 9Fry in 325°F oil for a few minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Remove from oil and drain.
- 10To prepare salad, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 11Grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 12While chicken cools, season potatoes with salt and cook in hot oil until tender.
- 13Place equal amounts of potatoes onto 4 serving plates.
- 14Toss greens with chicken, peppers and enough vinaigrette to coat.
- 15Season to taste with salt and pepper and place on top of potatoes.
- 16Garnish each plate with 4 warm olives.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Salad With Chorizo-Stuffed Olives in Citrus Vina
Serving Size: 1 (1080 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1607.2
- Calories from Fat 911
- Total Fat 101.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 118.7 mg
- Sodium 751.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 43.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar
oranges, zest of