Recipe by Lacy S.
What's better than creamy alfredo combined with grilled chicken and crisp green broccoli florets? Not anything I can think of. This is super easy and sooo good!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- 16 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on cutting board and pound out lightly with a meat mallet. You don't want to flatten the chicken totally.
- Mix together salt, pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle on chicken.
- Grill chicken 8-10 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink. Set chicken aside.
- Bring one gallon of water to a boil and cook penne 7-8 minutes until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, saute the minced garlic and diced onion in the olive oil until the onion begins to soften.
- Add broccoli to the onion and stir to coat with oil. Cook broccoli until it is heated through.
- Add the alfredo sauce to the broccoli and stir to combine. Allow to heat thorough and remove from heat.
- Toss alfredo mixture with the cooked and drained pasta.
- Top with sliced chicken breats and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and garlic bread.
- * If alfredo sauce is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of milk to thin it out.