Prep 15 mins
Cook 14 mins
Found this recipe in the Favorite All Time Recipes Diabetic Main Dishes cookbook. Posting for safe keeping.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 6 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Combine onion, lime juice and garlic in food processor. Process until onion is finely minced. Transfer to Ziplock bag. Add cumin, oregano, thyme and red pepper; knead bag until blended. Place chicken in bag; press air out and seal. Turn to coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Spray grid with Pam. Prepare grill for direct cooking. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on grid 3-4" from medium hot coals. Grill 5-7 minutes per side our until no longer pink in the center. Garnish with cilantro.
Wonderful BBQ! Ahhhh, the Human Tribe...proves things don't change much with time, just our toys and devices become more sophisticated.