Recipe by Soobeeoz
I made this for supper last night and we liked it a lot.
Top Review by strangemk ; )
This was a scrumptious sandwich. The avocado and cheese and tomato was all gooey together and I enjoyed every bite. I had 1/2 of an avocado left over, so just used that between the two sandwiches. Also used less tomato and onion. Will use more onion next time, but this was mmm, mmm good! This is definitely a make-again-er for me. Thanks, Soobeeoz!
- 4 slices white bread
- 75 g tasty cheese, grated
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (I used vine-ripened)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 4 olives, sliced (I used green olives with lemon pepper)
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in pan over med-low heat (or use non-stick pan)and fry onion until soft and lightly browned, adding tomato slices for the last minute or two of cooking time.
- Meanwhile, divide avocado equally between two slices of bread, buttering the other two slices if desired.
- Add all other ingredients except butter, then place second slice of bread on top pressing lightly to flatten sandwich a bit.
- Wipe out pan (or use separate pan) and add a little butter.
- After butter has melted, fry sandwiches until crisp and golden brown on both sides.