Tomato, Cucumber, & Avocado Sandwich
This delicious sandwich is a re-creation of one I ate in a lovely lunch cafe in Natchitoches, Louisiana. This was served with slices of fresh melon,kiwi,strawberries,and orange on the side drizzled with some honey mustard dressing.
- Ready In:
- 2 slices rye bread (or a round sandwich roll)
- 2 -4 slices cucumbers
- 2 -4 slices beefsteak tomatoes (or other large ripe tomato)
- 2 slices red onions
- 1⁄2 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard, to taste,or honey mustard salad dressing
- 1 -2 leaf green leaf lettuce
- Lightly toast bread or roll.
- Toss avocado slices with a tiny bit of lemon juice to keep from getting brown.
- Spread some of the honey mustard on the bread.
- Place lettuce on bread, followed by tomato slices, cucumbers, red onion, and avocado slices.
- Drizzle remaining honey mustard over the vegetables.
- Top with sprouts and close up sandwich, securing with a toothpick.
- Note: To make honey mustard, combine honey and prepared yellow mustard together to taste.
- To make honey mustard salad dressing, simply add a little mayonnaise to the same mixture and thin with a tiny bit of milk if needed, to suit your taste.
- Of course, both honey mustard and honey mustard salad dressings are now sold in stores if you prefer to use ready made.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This sandwich was colorful and delicious using fresh produce either from our garden or the farmers' market. We tried whole wheat flax seed bread instead of rye and added a slice of Tillamook cheddar cheese to each sandwich. Recipe #13228 supplied the final touch. We will be making these again soon! Recipe added to Book #72132Reply
see 7 more