- 8 slices French bread or 8 slices Italian bread
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces old cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sweet onions
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with mustard.
- Using a cheese slicer, thinly slice cheese; arrange half on half of the bread slices.
- Top with onion and remaining cheese.
- Sandwich with remaining bread, mustard sidedown.
- Spread butter over both sides of sandwich.
- Place on greased grill over medium-low heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until golden and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Cut in half.