Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
From a Martha Stewart email message. The recipe was vague, and I have tried to firm up the amounts. However, they are really up to your own tastes and preferences.
- 4 slices dense white bread
- 6 slices bacon, cooked
- 4 slices cheddar cheese or 4 slices your favorite cheese
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat grill or grill pan until hot.
- Lightly butter one side of each of two pieces of bread.
- Lay bread slices, buttered sides down, on a plate.
- Top both with cheese, and add tomatoes to one.
- Place bread on the grill, buttered side down; cover.
- Grill until the cheese has melted, about two minutes.
- Remove sandwich halves from grill.
- Add the bacon.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the sandwich halves together, and serve.
Love the smoky flavor from grilling these.
I made these on my George Foreman grill but used ham instead of bacon. I also didn't add the tomato as my husband doesn't like "warm" tomatoes. These made for a nice quick lunch.