Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another gem adapted from the National Chicken Council, this recipe uses spices and flavors of the topical Caribbean to liven up the humble (and often bland) chicken breasts. As warm weather approaches in the northern hemisphere, this will be a hit at the family BBQ.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 scallion, finely chopped (green and white part)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In large shallow bowl or resealable bag, mix together orange juice, orange peel, olive oil, lime juice, ginger, garlic, scallion hot pepper sauce and oregano. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator about 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on prepared grill about 6 inches from heat. (Chicken may also be broiled or cooked on an indoor grill, if desired.) Grill, turning, about 10 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. (Reduce time to 5-6 minutes on indoor grill.).
Yummy and different than the same old same old grilled chicken. We enjoyed this and will definitely make it again, next time we'll use an injector to get the juice through.
I really enjoyed this chicken recipe. I scaled it down to use one chicken breast that was fairly large to serve me and my mother. I too poked the chicken witha fork to help it soak up the marinade. Excellent recipe, will make again! Made for ZWT 3!
We had this for dinner last night. (Pulled from the freezer, so it works well for OAMC too.) Fantastic! I used boneless skinless chicken thighs. A very nice combination of flavors. I skipped the hot pepper b/c DH doesn't do spicy. I served it with some pineapple, cantalope and sauteed green beans and mushrooms. YUM! I'm adding this to my OAMC choices. Thanks for sharing! :)