Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted for ZWT. I haven't made this yet so the yield and time to make are a guess. Use collard greens, kale, mustard greens, swiss chard or spinach.
- oil, for saute
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 2 lbs greens, stems removed, cleaned and torn
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions and garlic until soft, add cayenne pepper and reduce heat.
- Add greens to pot. Cover and cook over medium heat for several minutes. Stir greens often but otherwise keep pot covered.
- Add broth, cover and cook over low heat until greens are tender (10-20 minutes longer) Season to taste and serve hot.
Fresh spinach from the garden made this recipe perfect! I sauteed the onions and garlic added the spices and spinach. Didn`t need to add broth. Done in no time. Thanks!