Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
These tasty enchiladas are made with chicken and have three colors on them (representing the Mexican flag). There is a delicious green sauce (which represents hope and the independence movement). There is light refreshing sour cream to garnish in white (which represents purity and the purity of the Catholic faith). There is a tasty tomato salsa in red (which represents union, and the Spaniards that joined in the quest for Independence- also the blood of the National Heroes). Easy to prepare, and great for any Mexican party or Latino themed dinner.
- 1 lb chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 fresh corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups queso fresco
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, stir together cooked chicken with cream of chicken soup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and chopped green chilies; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom of large ovenproof casserole dish.
- Heat chicken broth until it is warm and place in a shallow bowl.
- Immerse corn tortillas one at a time immediately before filling- just until it softens just a tad; do not oversoak.
- Remove tortilla from broth, and add another while filling.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of chicken filling across the center of the tortilla, then roll up.
- Place rolled tortilla into the casserole dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas and filling are used.
- Pour green chile enchilada sauce and tomato salsa over the tops of the rolled tortillas, leaving some of each sauce exposed so it shows red/green.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and top with chopped cilantro.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or so or until dish is warmed through, cheese is melted, and slightly golden on top.
- Serve enchiladas garnished with a spoonful of sour cream.
Very very good! We ate them with total content on our faces! We will have these again for sure!
Excellent! I boiled 4 chicken leg quarters, skin removed. Then used the left over broth to soften the tortillas. I found that if the broth was on simmer and I dipped both sides in the broth that I had better luck than immersing. I used 4 fresh frozen green chilies in place of the canned and instead of 10 oz green enchilada sauce, I used 15 oz. Glad that I did or they would not have enough sauce. DS even took leftovers home with him. Served this with a side salad and Chia's Black Beans and Barley (#100577). Thanks for sharing.
Very good!!! And, made at home it looks as pretty as your picture. I served this with your Mexican Calabacitas #92446. A meal we enjoyed.