Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
When the cold weather comes I'm in the mood for soup. This gluten free Green Soup with Ginger that I found on Heidi's website 101cookbooks.com is quite comforting on a chilly day. And I must confess, I often eat it for breakfast to start my day out right. http://www.elanaspantry.com/green-soup-with-ginger/
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 large leeks, white and green parts, sliced
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced (plus more to taste)
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook onion over low heat with salt until soft and golden, about 20 minutes.
- Add leeks to pot and cook for 10 minutes until soft, then add collards and ginger, sauteing for 5 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock and ginger, then cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat and puree in vita-mix in batches until creamy and smooth.
- Pour back into pot, heat and add lemon juice.