Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Scandinavian Vegetarian/Vegan salad from Eating Well Magazine. I have fond memories of simple salads such as these during my travels to Sweden. They recommend you use thin, tender asparagus for this recipe. NOTE: I found the raw asparagus kind of strange for me, so next time I am going to cook it slightly before putting it in the salad.
- 9.85 ml freshly grated lemon zest
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml canola oil (may sub extra-virgin olive oil)
- 4.92 ml sugar (may sub Splenda)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 head bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (may sub Boston lettuce)
- 473.18 ml very thinly sliced fresh asparagus (I only used 1 cup)
- 473.18 ml shelled fresh peas (may sub thawed previously frozen peas, I only used 1 cup)
- 473.19 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 29.58 ml minced chives (may sub scallion greens)
- 1 avocado, cubed (optional, but a great addition)
- Combine lemon zest and juice, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large salad bowl.
- Add lettuce, asparagus, peas, tomatoes, chives (or scallion greens), and avocado if using; toss to coat.
I love the tart dressing that goes over this pretty salad! I added a bit of avocado since I had one available. Would make again!