This is a delicious, tangy salad dressing that can also be used as a dip by leaving out the milk. It's lower in fat, carbs, calories and sodium than most store bought dressings and the taste will blow that stuff away! You can make it even healthier by using reduced fat mayo and sour cream.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 ounces 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄8 cup minced green onion (I've also used yellow onions or whatever kind I have on hand)
- 1⁄8 cup parsley (fresh or dried)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 -2 anchovy, minced (optional-freeze leftovers)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix everything together and chill for at least 4 hours to let flavors blend- overnight is best.
- To use this yummy recipe as a dip, leave out the milk.
- Note: 1 serving (30gm) equals about 2 tablespoons.