Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Gourmet Magazine. This is a nice twist on regular potato salad. Cook time also includes time to cool the potatoes.
- 340.19 g green beans
- 1360.77 g cooked small boiling potatoes, cooled and quartered
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml tarragon vinegar or 44.37 ml white wine vinegar
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 flat anchovy fillets, chopped or 9.85 ml anchovy paste
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh tarragon
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- Cook beans in a 3-quart saucepan of boiling salted water, uncovered, until tender crisp, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain in a sieve, then plunge the sieve into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- Drain again, pat beans dry and then cut into 1/4 inch pieces and put in a large bowl with the potatoes.
- Pulse mayonnaise, vinegar, scallions, anchovies, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper in a food processor, or blender, until dressing is pale green and herbs are finely chopped.
- Stir into potato mixture.
Oh this is simply wonderful, Susie! We loved this potato salad for so many reasons.......I followed this exactly, using red potatoes, fresh green beans, white vinegar, anchovy paste, and beautiful fresh parsley. I didn't have tarragon fresh, so I had to use my dried bunches from the summer. What this made was a more then refreshing, lovely light potato salad was exceptionally lively in taste, aromatics, and enjoyment. I was able to halve this recipe easily, and did put a bit of poppy seed (a pinch on top) just for the fun of it. Thank you, Susie for supplying such a completely enjoyable and wonderful tasting accompaniment with our meal. Made for "Everyday is a Holiday* Fall 2008