Recipe by acid.
This is my favorie green chili. Good to eat by the bowl full or to smother a burrito.
Top Review by Mrs. Moon
I don't think I should give this stars because of the changes I made. I didn't have that much green chile on hand so I used salsa verde and tomatoes with green chilies. Everybody who ate it loved it! I will be making it again with the green salsa. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs pork butt (diced 3/4 inch squares) or 2 lbs pork loin (diced 3/4 inch squares)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (27 ounce) can green chili peppers (strips or diced)
- 1 (7 ounce) can jalapeno peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 (27 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the shortening in a large pot over medium high heat.
- When shortening is hot add the diced pork and cook till done about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the flour.
- Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add all other ingredients,stir and let simmer for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.