Recipe by cookiedog
This is a slow cooker recipe from TOH Casseroles, Slow Cooker, and Soup Cookbook.
Top Review by BakinBaby
Dh and I loved his recipe. I didn't process in the blender as directed, in stead we added the drained ingredients into the skillet and added some cornstarch to thicken. Very good burrito. Made for ZWT5!!
- 2 (3 lb) boneless beef roast, top sirloin roasts
- 4 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 24 (8 inch) fat free tortillas, warmed
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from roasts; cut meat into large chunks. Place in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Top with the chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, cumin and seasoning blend if desired. Pour broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Cool cooking liquid slightly; skim fat.
- In a blender, cover and process cooking liquid in small batches until smooth. Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese if desired. Fold in ends and sides.