Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a slow cooker recipe from TOH Casseroles, Slow Cooker, and Soup Cookbook.
Make and share this Green Chili Beef Burritos recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (3 lb) boneless beef roast, top sirloin roasts
- 4 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning (optional)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 24 (8 inch) fat free tortillas, warmed
- chopped tomato
- shredded lettuce
- reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Trim fat from roasts; cut meat into large chunks. Place in a 5-qt slow cooker.
- Top with the chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, cumin and seasoning blend if desired. Pour broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Cool cooking liquid slightly; skim fat.
- In a blender, cover and process cooking liquid in small batches until smooth. Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese if desired. Fold in ends and sides.
Dh and I loved his recipe. I didn't process in the blender as directed, in stead we added the drained ingredients into the skillet and added some cornstarch to thicken. Very good burrito. Made for ZWT5!!
Grand as is!
This is a keeper. I cut the recipe in half, other than that followed the recipe as prescribed, there was no need to process in the blender.Shredded the beef and put it back in the pot. The flavor was spot on! Leftovers were even better. Served w/rice and beans.