Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Comfort food from Colorado. This green chili is great on allot of things or serve alone. So make a large batch and freeze it or can it. My wife is kind of whimpy so it's not very hot. But when it is just me and the boys I double the Jalapenos Serve over burittos, eggs, tamales you name it is very good.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lbs pork roast, lean and diced
- 1 onion, fine chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped (the more the garlic the less the heart burn)
- 1 (27 ounce) can green chilies, puree
- 1 (27 ounce) can tomatoes, petite chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour, heaping
- 6 jalapenos, puree. I use Embasa canned
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar (if your going to can)
- Add olive oil to cover bottom of large pot.
- Brown diced pork.
- Add flour and stir until meat is well covered.
- Add onions, garlic, green chiles, tomatos and jalapenos.
- Mix well.
- Add water to cover all ingredients. Stir well.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and partialy cover, let simmer for around 4 hours.
Really did like this..we just had a cold blast come in and this dish was perfect. Made for PAC 2009