Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious and different stew!
- 1892.72 ml water
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2 (340.19 g) skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 bay leaves
- 946.36 ml cubed red potatoes (1/2-inch, about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 354.88 ml chopped onions (about 1 large)
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced carrot
- 9.85 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 9.85 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 3 (382.71 g) canchopped green chilies
- 411.06 g can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 283.49 g candiced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 118.29 ml fat-free evaporated milk
- 88.74 ml shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove chicken from broth; remove chicken from bones, discarding bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; return to broth. Discard bay leaves.
- Add potato and next 9 ingredients (potato through tomatoes and chiles) to broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 50 minutes or until potato is done. Remove from heat; stir in milk. Ladle soup into individual bowls, and sprinkle with cheese.
I made this tonight for dinner and we loved it. My little ones thought it was spicey though. What do they know they are 4 and 2. I will make this again but next time I will cut back on the green chilies and tomatoes. Two cans of tomatoes was a bit much for us. This was very tasty. Thanks wicked noodle!