Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh green cabbage and mushrooms, what's there not to like! Tasty side dish to pork chops.
Make and share this Green Cabbage and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 1 green cabbage, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushrooms (although button mushrooms will work good as well. ) or 1⁄2 lb oyster mushroom (although button mushrooms will work good as well. )
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed into
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- In a covered pot over high heat, steam the cabbage in the stock for 5 minutes until it is just wilted and still bright green. Turn off the heat and remove cover.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the onion and mushrooms until they brown. Add the cabbage and heat through, mixing well.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture well, and add it to skillet.
- Bring mixture to boil, stirring, until liquid thickens.
- Reduce heat and season to taste with dill, paprika, salt, and pepper.
I loved this combination of ingredients. The paprika and dill (I used fresh) were perfect together. I used 10 oz of button mushrooms. This was easy to make, delicious and lowfat. It's a wonderful side dish, but I could eat this all by itself. Thanx for sharing. I'll make this again and use some of the other types of mushrooms listed.
This was so easy and so delicious! I had this along side a vegie-stuffed red bell pepper. What a healthy meal. I loved the flavor of the dill and what it added to the dish! I just used regular sliced, white mushrooms that I picked up yesterday at the grocery store. Thanks so much for the great side dish! :)