Simple Cabbage and Mushroom Side
photo by Parsley
- Ready In:
- 60 g butter
- 4 slices rindless bacon, chopped
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 600 g cabbage, shredded
- 1 spring onion (scallion) (optional)
- black pepper
- Chop bacon, slice mushrooms and shred cabbage.
- Slice spring onion (scallion) if using. Set aside.
- Heat butter on medium heat in a large fry pan (skillet).
- Add bacon and mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 4 or 5 minutes until wilted.
- Stir in spring onion, if using, and season with black pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy! My family has loved a very similar dish for years and they loved this one just as much. Did crisp the bacon before adding the mushrooms, also added a thin sliced sweet onion at the same time. How could you go wrong? Bacon, cabbage, mushrooms and sweet onion Mmm mmm mmm. Will be making again and again. Thanks so much for the post.
This is very good. We've always made cabbage and bacon together, but have never added the mushrooms. It's tasty either way! We did not have scallions, so we left those out, and we used regular bacon, and just used the reserved grease from the bacon instead of butter. Thanks for posting. Made for PRMR.