Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy and low in added oil, you and your guests will love this spread.
- 170.09 g canmedium black olives, pitted
- 198.44 g jar green olives
- 5 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 4.92 ml anchovy paste or 1 anchovy, cut up
- 22.18 ml capers, rinsed
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 236.59 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- fresh ground pepper
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- Empty the black olives into a strainer to drain completely, then put into food processor.
- Repeat above step with pimiento stuffed green olives, then the capers (be sure to rinse the capers while they are in the strainer, or they will add too much salt).
- Put the lemon juice into a small bowl and press the garlic cloves into the juice.
- Add to the processor bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the processor bowl: anchovy paste (or chopped anchovy), parmesan, oregano, basil,& fresh ground pepper.
- Cover& pulse until coarsely chopped.
- While processing at low speed, add the tablespoon of olive oil, use more if you wish, but I have found the one tablespoon sufficient, and it cuts down on the fat of the spread.
- A delicious addition to this recipe is 6-8 sun dried tomatoes packed in oil.
- Pat excess oil off with a paper towel& add with the olives.
- Serve with toast, crackers, foccacia, or even use to cook with.
- It is wonderful with Havarti cheese, too!