Recipe by Buster's friend
This is just yummmm, fast & serves as a nice foil for a more unctuous meal (think pork ragu) or as part of a lighter meal allround.
Top Review by Merlot
We ar always looking for new and different ways to prepare green beans and this was is fabulous. Loved the herbs and especially the seaseme seeds. Great recipe, Buster's Friend!!!!!
- 1 lb fresh green beans or 1 lb frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped (or use frozen chopped onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Snap ends off beans; cut in half if beans are large. Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the beans, onion, garlic, salt, if using, and pepper.
- Bring back to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook about 8 minutes, until the beans are crisp-tender; drain.
- Sprinkle the sunflower seeds and oregano over the beans. Toss lightly to mix.