Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found this tasty green bean dish in Victoria magazine. So good with fresh beans and dill from the garden.
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- ice water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- fresh lemon juice
- Blanch the green beans in boiling salted water for 6 to 7 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water to set the color.
- Drain and pat dry.
- Transfer to a plastic storage bag& chill.
- (Beans may be prepared 1 day in advance.) In a large skillet set over moderate heat, cook the shallots in the olive oil, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden.
- Add the green beans and salt and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Add the dill, lemon peel, and lemon juice.
- Toss to coat, and transfer to a serving dish.
Outstanding! Despite the extra step of plunging the beans in cold water, this was quick and easy to make, and the lemony-dill flavor of the beans was delicious. I'll be making this over and over again. I substituted butter for half of the olive oil and green onions for the shallots.