Recipe by JackieOhNo!
When summer's bountiful harvest is here, I look for ways to prepare the freshest vegetables in a flavorful way that does not overpower their natural taste. This is a good way to enhance the flavor of delectable, fresh green beans.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam beans until tender, about 10 minutes; keep warm.
- Heat oil in large skillet over low heat. Add onion and garlic and saute slowly until translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer beans to serving dish. Add onion mixture and remaining ingredients. Toss well. Serve immediately.