Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can't go wrong with this dish
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 slices bacon, thick cut, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped (or shallots)
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- salt and black pepper
- Cut beans in small pieces (it is easier for the bacon sauce to mingle) Place beans in a steamer and steam for 6 minutes or until tender crisp. (or place in the microwave for 3 minutes).
- Cook the bacon, onion and garlic over medium heat in a medium skillet until bacon is crisp and onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add honey mustard, lemon juice and salt and pepper.
So good! These green beans have a great balance between salty, sweet and tangy! I used shallots rather than the red onions. Will be making these again! Made for Alphabet Soup tag.
Great green beans, my husband hate green beans, and he wouldn't stop eating these. Thanks for sharing!
This was a great side dish with a pork chops. Easy to make with good flavor.