Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are simple, yet different from just plain beans. Good for Thanksgiving or any holiday meal.
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cleaned and snapped
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup celery top, chopped (with leaves)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Add enough water to cover bottom of large fry pan to about 1/4-1/2 inch deep.
- Add cleaned and snapped beans, cook over medium high heat just until tender, about 10 minutes, stirring to cook all evenly. Drain well.
- At the same time in separate skillet, melt butter and saute onion, garlic and celery until softened a bit.
- Add remainder of ingredients, simmer about 7 minutes.
- Toss butter with hot, drained beans. Serve immediately.