Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This comes from America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook. A nice change of pace.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and broken into 1 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup slivered red onion
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted cashews
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 -5 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- Place green beans in a pot of boilling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and immediately place in a bowl of ice-cold water, drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onions, cashews, salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add the cooked green beans, raise heat to high, stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until beans feel hot to the touch.
- Take care not to burn the cashews during process.
- Transfer the beans to a serving plate and garnish with chopped parsley.
I cant believe I hadnt made these before, well, I'm glad I made them now! So easy and delicious, thank you Paula, made for International Agents of QUEST
We always love green beens and your recipe as well. I roasted the cashews in a dry skillet and added then just before serving. I almost forgot the parsley, but I realized this just before serving!<br/>Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
This is so easy and delicious; what I'd expect at a fine restaurant. I made as directed using tri-colored beans from our local farmers' market. Thanks, PaulaG! Made for Aussie Kiwi Recipe Swap #79, Group 1.