Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Another great way to dress up green beans
Top Review by Rise`
Karen this was simply delicious! I love bleu cheese dishes so I increased the bleu cheese to 1 cup. Everyone loved it. Like you said, a nice change from basic green beans! I'll definately be making this again! Thanks!
- 20 ounces frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 roasted red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 2 qt casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine beans, red pepper strips, salt and pepper in the prepared dish.
- combine milk and cream cheese in a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- Add blue cheese.
- Stir just until mixed in.
- Pour cheese mixture over beans.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter.
- Sprinkle over beans and cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven, covered, for 20 minutes.