Another recipe from The Creative Gardener's Cookbook that I can't wait to try. It suggests serving this with steak or roast beef and potatoes.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and savory and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain beans and remove savory sprigs.
- Divide beans into 8 portions.
- Wrap each portion in a slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet; fry the bean bundles on all sides for about 3 minutes.