Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from The Creative Gardener's Cookbook that I can't wait to try. It suggests serving this with steak or roast beef and potatoes.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and savory and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain beans and remove savory sprigs.
- Divide beans into 8 portions.
- Wrap each portion in a slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet; fry the bean bundles on all sides for about 3 minutes.
Very good. We did not have any fresh savory so I used a bit of thyme instead. Hubby loved the bacon with the beans. I also had a bit of trouble wrapping the beans with the bacon so I just cut it up and cooked them together. Probably someone with better fine motor skills could figure it out. Very tasty though!! thanks for a yummy recipe!
These were great -- though I wonder if you could just add bacon pieces to the skillet with the green beans and stir fry the whole thing, rather than wrapping them up. Think I will try that next time. Thanks! :)
These are delicious green beans. Love the flavor the bacon adds. A great way to prepare fresh green beans. Thanks for sharing.