1/3 Photos of Green Beans Supreme
This is "yet another" alternative to the traditional green bean casserole with cream of "something" soups. But with the sour cream and cheese, it is still creamy. This recipe originally came from the cookbook "Candlelight and Wisteria" from the Lee-Scott Academy. It was originally submitted by Thelma Wilson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup cheese (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs, crushed fine (crushed ritz crackers can be substituted, if preferred)
- 1Cook green beans according to the package directions; drain well and set aside.
- 2Cook onion and parsley in 2 tbsp butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in flour, salt, lemon rind, and pepper. Add sour cream, stirring well. Add green beans; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- 4Spoon mixture into an ungreased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Combine breadcrumbs and remaining 2 tbsp butter; sprinkle over cheese.
- 5Broil 8 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially opened) 5 minutes or until cheese melts and breadcrumbs are browned.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.7
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.0 mg
- Sodium 647.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 6.2 g