Recipe by libansea _diana
This is a very healthy and low fat stew, very simple and healthy. you can do it when you're tired and not in the mood of any fancy cooking
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 200 g meat (pieces or ground)
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 kg green beans, cleaned and prepared
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the meat in 3-4 cups of water first and remove the scum that appears on the water surface.
- add to it a cinnamon stick, 1/2 onion, salt to taste.
- when the meat is half done, remove the onion and cinnamon stick from the water.
- Fry the onions and garlic in some oil separately until they are yellow in color and add them to the meat and water mixture.
- Add to the above mixture the tomatoes and green beans and add the above spices and adjust the salt to your taste. ( to prepare green beans the end of the beans should be removed and they should be cut in half)
- If water is not covering all the green beans, add more water and adjust salt if needed.
- let the mixture boil for around 45 minutes until the green beans are completely cooked i.e. they are very soft.
- serve with rice.