Recipe by Karen Elizabeth
Simple and quick, a little different. From Readers Digest: Quick & Thrifty Cooking In South Africa
Top Review by Elmotoo
I softened the onions & garlic in a bit of olive oil. The sauce is kind of like hollandaise! I'd add more vinegar next time. I microwave/steamed a bag of green beans & this worked well. I imagine it's even better with fresh beans! Thanks, Karen Elizabeth, you VIP of the Veggie Swap 2/10, you!!
- 500 g green beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the beans and trim the ends. Bring about 2 cm of lightly salted water to the boil in a medium-size saucepan, and add the beans. Cook, covered, for about 8 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1 1/2 tblsp of cooking water. Return the beans to the pan and place over lowest heat.
- Mix the eggs and vinegar in a bowl, add the reserved water, and beat the ingredients together with a fork. Pour the mixture over the beans.
- Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper, and stir until the beans are coated with the sauce. Serve warm.