Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Amanda Hesser's 'Cooking with Mr. Latte'. Was a nice accompainment to crab cakes and texas caviar.
- sea salt
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon spicy horseradish mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1⁄4 cup best quality olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Season generously with salt, and add green beans.
- Cook until just tender and bright green, but still slightly crisp, about 4 minutes.
- Drain beans in colander, rinse under icy cold water, and dry in teatowel.
- Cut beans in half, then combine in a large serving bowl.
- with the tomatoes.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, pinch of sea salt and sugar.
- Gradually whisk in the oil, letting it thicken and emulsify as you go.
- Pour dressing over beans and tomatoes, turning to make sure everything gets well coated.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving.