Recipe by KissKiss
This is the perfect side dish for any entree - beef, chicken, or fish. I always have the ingredients on hand, but it always tastes super-fresh. Very clean and bright flavor. I use a double boiler for this, but if you don't have one, prepare the beans according to package directions and use a separate saucepan for the sauce.
Top Review by Boo Chef in West Texas
Yum! Hubby went back for more green beans and there were NONE. That never happens. Will defintely make again I used roasted garlic Caesar sliced almonds (thats what I had) made for RRR ZWT 5 family picks
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen French style green beans (Trader Joe's Haricot Verts are the best)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (of about 1/2 a lemon)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In the saucepan of a double boiler, boil the water.
- Place the green beans in the colander of the double boiler and place over the saucepan. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until beans are near tender crisp.
- Remove the colander and set aside. Dump the water out of the saucepan and add the butter over very low heat.
- Add the almonds when butter is melted and saute until they are slightly brown.
- Toss the green beans into the mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another minute until heated throw. Serve immediately.