Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the perfect side dish for any entree - beef, chicken, or fish. I always have the ingredients on hand, but it always tastes super-fresh. Very clean and bright flavor. I use a double boiler for this, but if you don't have one, prepare the beans according to package directions and use a separate saucepan for the sauce.
- In the saucepan of a double boiler, boil the water.
- Place the green beans in the colander of the double boiler and place over the saucepan. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until beans are near tender crisp.
- Remove the colander and set aside. Dump the water out of the saucepan and add the butter over very low heat.
- Add the almonds when butter is melted and saute until they are slightly brown.
- Toss the green beans into the mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another minute until heated throw. Serve immediately.
Yum! Hubby went back for more green beans and there were NONE. That never happens. Will defintely make again I used roasted garlic Caesar sliced almonds (thats what I had) made for RRR ZWT 5 family picks
It was a nice way to dress up green beans. The only problem I had was that the beans were quite mushy. I don't know if I did something wrong or if the variety I used were just not fresh enough to hold up the cooking process. But it was a very tasty side dish nonetheless. Made for ZWT5.
This was a very nice side dish. I slivered my own almonds (ok so they were a little chunky, but I tried) and use Trader Joe's Haricots Vert, I added extra fresh lemon juice and a good sprinkling of pepper and Kosher salt at the end. Thank you KissKiss for sharing your recipe, made for ZWT 5 by one of the Cooks With Dirty Faces