This is the perfect side dish for any entree - beef, chicken, or fish. I always have the ingredients on hand, but it always tastes super-fresh. Very clean and bright flavor. I use a double boiler for this, but if you don't have one, prepare the beans according to package directions and use a separate saucepan for the sauce.
- In the saucepan of a double boiler, boil the water.
- Place the green beans in the colander of the double boiler and place over the saucepan. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until beans are near tender crisp.
- Remove the colander and set aside. Dump the water out of the saucepan and add the butter over very low heat.
- Add the almonds when butter is melted and saute until they are slightly brown.
- Toss the green beans into the mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another minute until heated throw. Serve immediately.