1/6 Photos of Green Beans Amandine
This is the perfect side dish for any entree - beef, chicken, or fish. I always have the ingredients on hand, but it always tastes super-fresh. Very clean and bright flavor. I use a double boiler for this, but if you don't have one, prepare the beans according to package directions and use a separate saucepan for the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the saucepan of a double boiler, boil the water.
- 2Place the green beans in the colander of the double boiler and place over the saucepan. Cover with a lid and allow to steam for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until beans are near tender crisp.
- 3Remove the colander and set aside. Dump the water out of the saucepan and add the butter over very low heat.
- 4Add the almonds when butter is melted and saute until they are slightly brown.
- 5Toss the green beans into the mixture. Squeeze lemon juice over beans and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook another minute until heated throw. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Amandine
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 407.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g