Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very nice and a slightly different salad. Tastes great chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Cook beans tender crisp.
- Chill at least one hour.
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, dill, salt& pepper and blend well.
- Add pecans and red onion to beans.
- Add dressing and toss.
Nice change of pace salad for the summer. Although it doesn't indicate when to add the feta cheese I added it with the dressing in step 5. This recipe makes a lot of dressing but the leftover dressing will make a delicious marinade for a later use.
We loved this... I subbed goat cheese crumbles for the Feta and left out the pecans. We esp. liked the dill and garlic flavor combo. Thanks for this keeper.
I added chick peas and kidney beans. Used rice wine vinegar and walnuts instead. This salad is amazing...quick and easy and DELICIOUS.