1/9 Photos of Green Bean Casserole W/Swiss Cheese
This is my friend Joe Comb's recipe -- he was a great friend and a great cook! He moved away from the Atlanta area several years ago, and I no longer know how to contact him. Wherever Joe is, I hope he is aware of Recipe Zaar -- The original recipe called for french cut green beans, but I prefer whole beans that I can actually chew! 2 1/2 - 2 3/4 pounds blanched fresh beans can be substituted!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained or 2 1/2-2 3/4 lbs blanched fresh beans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced (optional)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese, grated (or minced)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 1/2-2 cups corn flakes or 1 1/2-2 cups crushed buttery crackers
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix butter, flour, sugar, salt, onion, cheese, and sour cream.
- 3Add drained beans and mix gently. (Blanched fresh beans can be substituted for the canned beans.).
- 4Pour into 8 x 8 Pyrex casserole, sprayed with PAM, or other cooking spray.
- 5Top with 1 1/2 - 2 cups cornflakes (or crushed buttery crackers).
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until bubbly and the topping is golden, but not burned.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Bean Casserole W/Swiss Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.9
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 9.8 g