Recipe by MISSJ1978
This is my Grandma's recipe. I make it every now and again for no special reason.
- 4 (15 ounce) cans green beans (regular or french)
- 16 slices bacon, fried crisp and drained
- 1 -2 medium onion, sliced in rings
- bacon grease (about 1/2 left after frying bacon)
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 12 tablespoons vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon until crisp; pour off about 1/2 of the bacon grease; drain and crumble bacon.
- Toss together beans, bacon, and onions.
- Mix hot bacon grease, sugar, and vinegar in the skillet. Pour mixture over bean mixture.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Cover with toasted almonds, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes in a 9" x 13" pan.