Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Very tasty and nutritious !!
Top Review by baileyroyer
I accidentally bought green bananas and was looking for a way to use them. When I saw this recipe I thought it looked okay but didn't have high expectations. I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty it turned out! It was relatively simple to prepare. The hardest part was peeling the bananas. If you like curries this should be a staple recipe. Two changes I made was a I added a Maharaja curry blend instead of the tumeric and during the last few minutes of cooking I added some green peas. Simply delicious!
- 29.58 ml oil
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml red pepper powder
- 4 big green bananas, deskinned,cubed and soaked in cold salty water
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 236.59 ml coconut milk (available readymade of Nestle brand)
Puree (done coarsely)
- 1 big onion
- 4 dried garlic, deskinned
- 2 tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a non stick heavy base skillet.
- Add salt, red pepper powder and turmeric powder.
- Immediately add bananas and saute for about 2-3 minutes.
- Let bananas go brown on the edges.
- Add puree and fresh lemon juice.
- Add 1/2 cup water and cover tightly.
- Bring to a boil and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Finally add the coconut milk, cover again for 5 minutes on low heat and serve warm with steamed rice or steamed noodles.