Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A stellar summer salad. This recipe came from "Cooking Light" magazine SEPT 2007 edition. Its wonderful, light and low in calories.
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 lb wax bean, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cook the beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a bowl. Divide beans evenly among 8 plates. Top each serving with 1/4 cup tomato mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon slices basil and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- You may also just mix and toss everything together.
Nice salad using all ingredients from my CSA farm. I used a pomegranate vinegar which added just a hint of sweetness, and, small dice red onion. Mixed up red & yellow heirlooms & cherry tomatoes giving it even more eye appeal.