Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I haven't made this recipe yet but it came to me from a dear friend (thank you Nanci) who found it on the web and made it for a dinner party.........it got rave reviews from everyone. The Zaar computer (for whatever reason) did not accept the '2 cups couscous' so I had to type it in as shown. Hopefully the powers that be will be able to fix it.
- 2 cups couscous (cooked)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced or pressed)
- 1⁄2 yellow onion (minced)
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 heads caramelized fennel (thinly sliced)
- 6 tablespoons black olives, chopped (preferably Kalamatas)
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts
- 4 small roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Caramelize the fennel. Set aside.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, bell pepper and basil together for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
- Cook couscous according to package instructions, adding the sautéed vegetables into the pot with the couscous and water.
- Mix couscous well when it is finished cooking. Set aside
- Spray 4 large pieces of aluminum foil with cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Spread 1/4 of the couscous mixture on each of the foil pieces.
- Top couscous with fish and layer carmelized fennel, olives, artichoke hearts, Roma tomatoes and feta on top.
- Close foil pouch by drawing sides straight up, roll down tops and fold ends inches.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes for fish (30-35 minutes for chicken).