Recipe by CoreChick
This makes a quick weeknight dinner with lots of flavor. You can also add mushrooms or leftover cooked chicken. Also, any kind of whole wheat pasta will work, spaghetti, linguine, fettuccine.
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts
- 6 ounces black olives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces fat free feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and garlic, saute over medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Drain artichokes and chop in half.
- Add olives, oregano and lemon juice to the onion and garlic mixture. Heat for 2 minutes, then add artichokes. Cook for an additional minute.
- Combine pasta, artichoke mixture and cheeses. Toss to coat pasta and serve immediately.