Recipe by mary ellen b
This is a great Sunday dinner since it is so easy to prepare, inexpensive and usually all cooks have the ingredients on hand.
Top Review by Merlot
This is such an easy and tasty dinner. The lemon and oregano go great with the chicken and potatoes. A simple dish that is full of flavor. Thank you, Mary Ellen for sharing this recipe. :-)
- 1 (6 lb) whole roasting chickens
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 4 -6 baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half the oregano.
- Arrange potatoes around the chicken; sprinkle with salt and pepper and the remaining oregano.
- Pour butter and lemon juice over the chicken and potatoes.
- Add chicken broth to pan bottom.
- Bake at 350°F for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until chicken is browned and tender.
- Baste frequently with pan juices during roasting.