Greek Roasted Chicken
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Roasted chicken with a Greek-style
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 lbs chicken (whole, split in half, cut-up, or chicken parts of your choice)
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash your chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and stir them together well. If you're using a whole chicken, rub it all over with some of this mixture, making sure to rub plenty inside the body cavity, as well. If you're using cut-up chicken, put it in a large zip-lock bag, pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag.
- Let the chicken marinade for at least an hour, or as long as a day.
- At least 1 hour before you want to serve the chicken, pull it out of the bag. You can either grill your chicken or you can roast it in a 375 degree oven for about 1 hour. Either way, cook it until the juices run clear when it's pierced to the bone.
- Recipe from the book "500 Low-carb Recipes" by Dana Carpender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION