Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For a main dish salad add 3/4 pound coarsely chopped cooked medium shrimp or 3/4 pound shredded cooked chicken.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 (6 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, reserve liquid and coarsely chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- lettuce leaf
- Combine rice, artichoke hearts, tomato, cucumber, onion, cheese, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, and lemon pepper.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Just before serving drizzle reserved artichoke liquid over salad.
- Spoon into individuallettuce-lined salad plates.
Really good recipe with one caveat: flavor is dominated by the taste of the marinade the artichokes are in. Since I didn't care for the ones I purchased, the next time I make this, I'll use unmarinated artichoke hearts, and use balsamic vinegrette and some mint to give it a flavor more to my taste. I recommend you try this recipe, though, I really liked the mix of ingredients, and there is enough for nice leftovers. Thank you, Dancer.