Recipe by Shannon Holmes
My favorite pizza, the perfect blend of feta, mozza, tomtoes, onions, alfredo sauce, herbs, parm and olives. Enjoy!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or 1 tablespoon king syrup or 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon molasses or 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups bread flour or 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce (enough to cover pizza)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (my personal favorite) or 2 cups sliced mozzarella cheese, to cover pizza (my personal favorite)
- 4 large white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and sliced
- 3 slices onions, cut in half and divided into rings, thin slices
- 10 -15 pitted kalamata olives
- 1⁄4 cup frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Place water in a large bowl.
- Add oil, instant yeast, salt and sweetener of choice.
- Let sit 5 minutes to let yeast bloom and then add 1 1/2 cups bread or all purpose flour, stirring to combine.
- Add 1 cup whole wheat flour, and stir to combine.
- Use remaining whole wheat flour to flour board and knead until soft and pliable.
- Cover with bowl and let rise 30 minutes to one hour, until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F and prepare the pizza in the meantime.
- Oil pizza pan and roll out dough.
- Layer alfredo sauce, herbs, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, olives, spinach, parmesan and finally feta cheese.
- Cook 10-15 minutes on top shelf, and move to bottom rack of oven to brown bottom of pizza crust if neccesary.